Why use a REALTOR® to Buy or Build NEW CONSTRUCTION
First things first, do you know that Builders already figure-in the fee to pay for Buyer's Agents in their "base price" as part of their marketing costs? That's right, my services are FREE to you! You have nothing to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain!
You could spend countless hours (and days and weekends) driving around from new home community to new home community looking at absolutely stunning furnished and decorated models, without knowing exactly what you are looking for, or knowing if that builder or community offers the type of home you are looking for?
- Are you looking for communities that have a community pool? that are gated? that have waterfront homesite? docks? allow golf carts? fitness center? clubhouse? playground? pickleball courts? (what is pickleball? ask me, I know!)
- Maybe you are looking for a two-story home that has the master bedroom downstairs - not all builders offer this in every community - but I know which builders offer particular homes in specific communities!
- Is it important for you to live in a community that offers the ability to utilize natural gas in addition to electric?
- Builders may offer the exact same home, in different communities, at significantly different base prices?
- Not all builders are the same. Some builders offer a very buyer-friendly "everything included" approach for the price listed - this is commonly a great deal for first-time homebuyers! Other builders offer more of a buffett approach, base prices for floorplans plus home site costs plus structural options plus decor options.
- Do you know that the very nice salespeople in model homes are paid to represent the builder's interests (and not yours)? I know first-hand, I used to be one of them.
- Do you know that most builders advertise certain incentives to the general public, and hold back even more incentives to make a sale happen?
- Are you familiar with CDD fees, HOA fees and Club fees? If you aren't sure, I will be happy to break it all down for you...
- Builders typically offer additional incentive for using their in-house lender in the way of pay for some of your closing costs. This varies WILDLY between builders, with some offering $5000 and some offering closer to $15,000.
- Builder contracts are notoriously one-sided and are intended to protect the builder during the building process. Very little can be done to change that, however, a Realtor® who specializes in new construction can help you understand the builder's contract and how to best protect you & your interests.
- Builders typically offer "construction walks" with the construction manager to explain what is being done on the home during the building process. I will always do my very best to attend these walks with you (or sometimes for you) so I can help you flag things that may be a problem in the future.
- Right before closing, the builder offers a final walk through to give you an opportunity to flag anything you feel is unacceptable (hairline cracks where drywall seams are, blotchy paint, cracked windows, broken tiles, etc) - it is important that while we expect new construction to be perfect, it rarely is. They are built by humans, and humans can make mistakes, plus there are various crews who are working in these homes, and sometimes something gets damaged. It happens. We flag it for the builder and they will make it right!
There is nothing quite like moving into a BRAND NEW, never been lived in before home! An experienced Realtor® can help you with ALL of these items... and get you to the closing table with less stress, so you can enjoy the process of purchasing a newly built home!
Interested in finding the "right" new home in the "right" new home community? I can help... just fill out the form below and I will get with you ASAP to schedule a time for us to discuss what you are looking for! * Please be sure to let me know what is the best way to contact you (do you prefer email? or text? or a good old-fashioned phone call? - either way is fine by me)